A Financial District landmark, the Buhl Building was the first skyscraper designed by architect Wirt Rowland. Built for the Buhl real-estate company in 1925, the 27-story, Neogothic-style structure features detailing created by sculptor Corrado Parducci. Though the first four floors’ footprint is rectangular, the above floors form a cross to provide additional windows. The private Savoyard Club lounge occupied the top tier from 1928 to 1994, and then the space’s classy atmosphere was recreated through the street-level Buhl Bar taproom. The prominent property was purchased by Bedrock in 2017. The location includes an accessway to the adjacent parking garage.
- Size: 400,000 sq. ft.
- Usage: Office, restaurant, retail
- Main tenants: BOMA Metro Detroit, Buhl Bar, Detroit Change Initiative, Milk & Froth, Minds Matter Detroit, UPS Store