Across from Campus Martius Park, the block-long landmark at 611 Woodward Ave. was designed by architect Albert Kahn and constructed in 1958 as the National Bank of Detroit Building. In 2004, the bank’s ownership changed, and the highrise’s name became the Chase Tower. It was nicknamed the “Cheese Grater” for its Modern-style facade of alternating aluminum-framed windows and white-marble panels. In 2011, the 14-story office property was purchased by Bedrock and renovated to add ground-floor retail space. The structure includes a glass-enclosed lobby, leading out to a street-level terrace.
- Size: 500,000 sq. ft.
- Usage: Office, retail
- Main tenants: Chase, Rocket Mortgage