A block from Campus Martius Park, the Federal Reserve Building consists of two connected, steel-frame structures: a three-story, Classical Revival-style lowrise designed in 1927 by architecture firm Graham, Anderson, Probst & White and an eight-story, International-style midrise designed in 1950 by architect Minoru Yamasaki (who became renowned for designing the World Trade Center in 1963). The Federal Reserve bank’s Detroit branch filled the location until 2004, and Bedrock purchased the landmark in 2012. The next year, architecture firm Rossetti renovated the property into offices with roofdecks above street-level restaurant and retail space. A front courtyard leads to the tall-ceilinged lobby, beaming with marble and terrazzo. There’s an accessway to the adjacent parking garage.
- Size: 176,000 sq. ft.
- Usage: Office, restaurant, retail
- Main tenants: Autonomic, Maru Sushi, Michigan.com, Rosa Parks Scholarship Foundation, Rossetti, Sodexo, Varnum