The Malcomson Building was designed by architecture firm Malcomson & Higginbotham and constructed in 1906 for architect Alexander Malcomson. The initial occupants included the Industrial Morris Plan bank. From the 1980s to the 2010s, the six-story, white-brick structure – facing the center of Capitol Park – served as lofts for creatives who hosted techno parties and raves that eventually evolved into the annual Movement music festival. The property was purchased by Bedrock in 2013 and renovated by architecture firm Kraemer Design Group in 2016, resulting in The Malcomson apartments and street-level restaurant and retail space.
- Size: 35,000 sq. ft.
- Usage: Residential, restaurant, retail
- Main tenants: Eatori Market, Ten Nail Bar