Across from Campus Martius Park, the landmark at 1001 Woodward Ave. was designed by architecture firm Smith, Hinchman & Grylls and constructed in 1965 as the First Federal Building. The bank was bought by Charter One in 1998, and the skyscraper was purchased by Bedrock in 2013. Since known as 1001 Woodward, the 23-story, International-style structure features a pair of rectangular towers that together form an “L” shape, opening onto a plaza. Along with offices, the property contains first-floor restaurants and retailers. The location includes an accessway to the adjacent parking garage.
- Size: 300,000 sq. ft.
- Usage: Office, restaurant, retail
- Main tenants: Bellacino’s, Freshii, GalaxE.Solutions, iRepairMotown, Men’s Quarters Barber Shop, SEMCOG